BarknBig Raw Bison 1" Marrow 10ct. Raw Bones are beneficial in may ways. Most people are not familiar with raw but there is a reason it is one of the fastest growing divisions of the industry.
- Raw Bones have a much less likely chance of splintering than a baked bone.
- Raw Bones present dogs with nutrition cooked bones or treats cannot.
- Raw bones are nature's toothbrush, aiding in keeping mouths clean and plaque off the surface of the teeth. This is important due to the fact that the majority of disease start orally in pets.
- Raw products produce enzymes that help fight off the bad bacteria and keep your pet's immune system strong.
- Raw marrow is full of nutritional fat and gives the dog access to red blood cells. This is where nutrients are transmitted throughout the body.
For Dogs new to Raw, Please Read:
Something to keep in mind if you have never given your dog raw products is to ease them into it. Too many times, pet parents try it, but don't introduce it in the right way leading to diarrhea. They blame it on the bone and call it quits. Try giving it to your dog for 15 minutes at a time once a day for 2 weeks. You do not need to use a new bone each time, but you can. We recommend putting it straight back in the freezer after the 15 minute session. This will keep bad bacteria from growing. Once the marrow is gone from the inside of the bone, dispose. If you can deal with the short term hassle to introduce this gut healthy product, you will see long term benefits. Look at it like insurance for the future.
- Keep Frozen
- We recommend not filling the bone with something else after the marrow is out as the bone will become brittle and possibly splinter.